Welcome to the Callidus Help Desk. Browse through our selection of frequently asked questions to find out more about your solar panel system. If you still require help, contact us via our form below.
Solar Panel Systems
- Where should I install panels?
- What is a Tier 1 solar panel?
- What are the laws with installing solar panels?
- What is the best area for solar panels?
- What size area do I need for solar panels?
- Can I install panels on many different roofs?
- How do solar panels actually work?
- Should I have a string inverter or micro-inverters?
- What does the glass do on a solar panel?
- What does the back sheet do on a solar panel?
- What are solar PV or photovoltaic panels?
- Can I add to my existing solar system?
- Can I control the available amount of power left in the batteries in the event of a power cut?
- Can I add batteries to my existing solar panel system and old inverter?
- What are AMG batteries?
- What are Lithium batteries?
- What are batteries used for in Solar installations?
- What batteries should I have or use on my system?
- What do I need to do for battery maintenance?
- What is battery capacity?
- What is the battery cycle life and depth of discharge?
- How should I monitor the battery performance?
- Is it possible to have the battery system charged from the grid supply?
- Is the battery storage expandable in the future (i.e. could additional capacity be subsequently added)?
- Can I have Solar Micro inverters, or Optimisers with a battery system?
Solar Panel Systems
- Can I have a system larger than 3.68kW?
- Can I have full, complete or whole home islanding?
- If I have the complete home islanding in the event of a cut would the circuits in my home remain ‘live’ with no interruption?
- Is there any way that I could be made aware that the mains supply to the house has failed?
- What power limitations can I expect on my system?
- Is weather sealing important?
- What are rail and mounting systems?
- Residential systems over 3.68kW and G99 applications
- What is Voltage?
- What is Current?
- What is Resistance?
- What are Transistors?
- What is a Kilowatt hour?
- What is a Module?
- What is an Array?
- What are Strings in a solar system?
- What is the outer frame?
- What are Solar Cells?
- What are Encapsulates?
- What is a solar panel Junction Box?
- What is a unit cost?
- What are Inverters and optimisation?
- What are String Inverters?
- What are Micro-inverters?
- What do inverters do?
- What are DC optimisers?
- What are Charger inverters?
- What is the difference between micro-inverters and optimisers?
- What does MPPT mean?
- How does an MPPT work?
- What does a Callidus quote include?
- What is what3words?
- What is Signable?
- What is a G99 Application?
- What is a LOA or Letter of Authority?
- Where are the Terms & Conditions?
- Why do you insist on taking my email address?
- Can I pay online?
- Why do you ask for my current annual usage?
- I think I may have an asbestos roof?
- What happens if there is a problem with my system?
The guys at Callidus were all fantastic. We had lots of questions before we had our solar power system installed, and all our many emails were answered very efficiently. The on site team did a really tidy job, and went through how we would use the system. We were very apprehensive about having an off grid system, and had different companies come to quote for the job. We went with Callidus because of the whole package that they offered, which includes their after sales help. We are very happy with the set up and it fulfils all that we asked for, very happy bunnies.
We live off grid in Cumbria and wanted to upgrade our electricity supply. We contacted Callidus and they were very happy to work with us. With excellent two way communication they designed the perfect system for us which is easily expandable if we should need it in the future. They were happy to design the system and supply us the parts for us to install ourselves. They programmed the system and were on the end of the phone to help with installation and getting the system up and running. Their after sales service is excellent. It has improved our quality of life no end.
Fantastic customer service! Such incredibly helpful staff. Can’t rate them highly enough. Highly recommend this company. So helpful and really fast service. I spoke with Chris and Dave at a time when other staff where out and they went above and beyond to help.
The entire team at Callidus, from the top to the bottom, are amazing. Knowledge, support, passion to place the customer and their needs at the centre of the process, throughout all phases. Clear explanations with realistic expectations; no over inflated figures to close out a deal. I am so satisfied with their approach that I have already completed an expansion of my system; NOT because it didn’t perform as promised, but in fact we are generating more than expected so have increased the battery storage!!
I have just had an off grid solar system fitted by Steve and his team. It has been a completely stress free experience. Everyone was so professional, helpful and obliging, kind and friendly. I would recommend Callidus to anyone.